The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Monday 7 May 2012

Number 32- crochet a ripple blanket

It appears that I have yet to buy a new power cable for my pc..... So I am using alternative means.....
Number 32 on my list is 'crochet a ripple blanket'. I think I am going to amend it. I have my 'mindless crochet' (non ripple- straight granny stripe x 2 blankets) on the go and I have come to the conclusion that I am never going to be able to get to do  this or this or this or anything similar by January 2013. So I thought an amendment should be tabled. My friend wanted me to crochet a baby blanket which I duly started 6 weeks ago and completed today. This is my first blanket. I do not count my granny square in colourful corner as a 'proper' blanket as it was a case of joining up at the end to make the wonder that it is today. This baby blanket involved a proper colour pattern and turning at the end and darning in my ends..... yes, this was a journey with practice. I am not 100% sure how this will go down with said friend. I was upfront at the beginning and admitted that I had not done a proper blanket. And there was an issue with size- in that the finished article is more oblong than square. The foundation chain is also a wee bit too tight. I need to work on my ends and tying in. Despite all this, I am very proud of myself. Very proud indeed. Look...


Big grins all round. It looks like a beach towel from this angle. I have thus decided that number 32 should be split into 2. The crocheting of a blanket and the crocheting of something rippled. Funnily enough, I already have in mind a project. I am going to make a ripple cushion. We have a camping trip coming up soon and one of the campers is JGS's niece and it will be her first camping trip. I think a little ripple cushion to snuggle up to at night in her new sleeping bag would be lovely. So I am starting that tomorrow. And then I can tick 32 off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment