The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Saturday 26 May 2012

Number 33- make Gert lovely

The cable of power has arrived.... and it works....... so now I can catch up........must look at list and see which items I can cross off! It has been a beautiful day here. So beautiful in fact that number 33 has taken a delightful turn towards completion in that the new cab doors have been sanded down and primed- ready for spraying. Gert has been through a lot recently- for the 1st time in the 14 years we have been together, she failed her MOT. Don't get me wrong- there have been several near misses (in that headlights have been adjusted and the like during the test) (and technically she was off the road for the first 5 years) but this time was different. This time the brakes WERE NOT GOOD and I needed to get a new headlight. JGS came to my rescue (as always) and spent a weekend bleeding (brakes not himself) and adjusting and fitting a new headlight. Second time lucky- and we are good to go.
I am aiming to make new seat covers in the next couple of months. It will be my first attempt at anything 'home furnishy' other than normal (ie square) cushions and my roman blind (and I had a lot of help with my blind from JGS's mum). I also want to make new curtains as the current ones are a bit hit and miss- I made them a couple of years ago and they have never really hung right. In hindsight I should have also used blackout blinding as lining. I have added this tip to my list of tasks.
So- here are the doors (and the dog) in their current state. Hopefully we will get to finish spraying them (doors not dog-any dog spraying is unintentional) tomorrow and then fit them next weekend (hurrah for the Jubilee and the 4 day weekend) x



No comments:

Post a Comment